We are very excited to announce that Linda Vista Golf Course will be open for disc golf play this winter starting November 1!!!!! Cost will be $5 per day that can be paid in the Miller Creek Cafe onsite. A course map is attached to this post.
Yeti League will be making a comeback on Saturdays this winter at Linda Vista Golf Course! This will be a singles league starting at 10:30. More info to be posted soon. Thanks to Cole Moeller and Aaron Kinyon for volunteering to run the league this winter!
Hope your getting excited for the opening of Linda Vista on Tuesday, Nov 1!! I wanted to remind everyone of the course rules for DG'ers this winter.
1) There will be a DAILY fee of $5. You may not pass the fence onto the course until this fee is paid. This goes for everyone whether they are playing or not. This fee can be paid in the cafe. When you pay, they will record your name so they have a record of who is on the course. LV staff will be watching the course and will escort anyone who hasn't paid off the course. The fee gains you access to the course from 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
2) No alcohol may be brought in from off the property. Its illegal and you will be asked to leave. The cafe has alcohol, food, and other drinks available for purchase that you can take out on the course. Have your ID ready and please drink responsibly.
3) No loitering in the cafe. Seats are very limited and reserved for cafe patrons only. An individual must purchase a menu item to occupy space in the cafe.
4) Please use the course restrooms located on the patio
5) Please respect the golf course (greens especially) and no littering!
Failure to follow any of the rules above will revoke your playing privileges for the remainder of the season and could put the Disc Golf course itself in jeopardy.
A course map will be posted very soon. There are a few holes you will recognize, but most of the course will be completely different than what you have played before.
It should also be mentioned that dogs are not allowed on the course at Linda Vista
Linda Vista will be opening tomorrow, Nov 1st, for disc golf! The course map is attached to the first post in this thread
Linda Vista is set up and ready for DG play for the winter. The course is quite a bit different this year than other layouts we've played there so it might be a good idea to download the map attached to the first post in this thread to help navigate the course. Several tees are tucked back into corners or hidden behind trees. There are a couple of 'Next Tee' signs to help you get to the next tee and we will probably add a couple more this week.
Also, there is a figure eight type cross-over between holes 6-7 and 15-16. These holes don't actually cross-over, but you will walk past each other to get to the next tee. Hope that makes sense...
Be sure to pay your daily fee and have your name recorded in the cafe before entering the course. And while your there, let them know how much you appreciate being able to play DG there this winter and maybe even buy a couple drinks and/or try some of their great food, too!
An updated course map is attached to the first post in this thread. The only changes are the cart path and beyond on holes 3 & 4 are now listed as OB
The Linda Vista Disc Golf Course has been taken down for the season. The Linda Vista management was very pleased with how things went and are open to possibly having us there again next winter.
HUGE Thanks to Aaron Kinyon for running the Yeti League, adjusting the course as needed throughout the winter, and in general dealing with whatever needed to be dealt with at LV this winter!!!
And Thanks to Aaron Kinyon, Matthew Andrews, and David Kvernum for helping to tear down the course this evening!